Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Contract: Full time (35 hours per week), permanent contract
Salary: Around £22,000 to £26,000 per year depending on experience
Summary of work
Yale University Press London is looking for a Marketing Specialist to be responsible for implementing innovative academic and consumer campaigns for our prestigious art list. The successful candidate will have print and digital marketing skills, including good design sense and excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. The ability to research opportunities, liaise with third-party arts organizations and write creative copy is also essential.
Purpose of work
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role involves assisting and implementing art book campaigns including:
- Administrative and outreach work with conferences and arts organizations
- Design and create (or brief) additional book assets, e.g. packshots, blog posts, trailers, Amazon A+
- Launch single book and cluster social media campaigns
- Design of marketing materials (ads, flyers, catalogs)
- Assistance with events including launches, conferences, author talks
The suitable candidate will have good writing and accuracy skills, intermediate to advanced skills in InDesign and Photoshop, and familiarity with WordPress and social media platforms. Some pre-press knowledge also desirable.
Originally founded in New Haven Connecticut in 1908, Yale University Press occupies a unique position as the only American university press with a large-scale publishing operation in Europe, publishing serious nonfiction and fiction in translation, which contributes to a global understanding of the human being. business. Our diverse and award-winning list includes many prestigious partnerships with museums and galleries, the Pevsner series of architectural guides, and books by globally respected authors, including Carmen Bambach, John Carey, Terry Eagleton, Nicholas Kenyon, Yasmin Khan, Geoffrey Parker , Thomas Piketty, Griselda Pollock, David Rieff, Zeynep Tufekci and Can Xue.
Yale University Press London is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We value, promote and seek diversity.
Marketing research and communication with external organizations and authors for art books and key title groups, including some inspection copy outreach.
Marketing assets and content creation (print and digital) – including copywriting, flyers, point of sale materials, sales prompts, advertisements, social media content, blog posts, Amazon A+, packshots.
Digital outreach, including email newsletters, social media planning and PPC advertising, along with any necessary online optimization for our art books, as part of community building campaigns and activities around the list.
- Work closely with colleagues within the Art Communications team as well as other departments to optimize sales and marketing of Yale art books.
- Collaborate with our gallery and publisher partners to market their books appropriately, in line with their organizational imperatives.
- To work with our US office and take an active part in global priority conversations and campaign planning.
- Organize and attend book launches and conferences as needed, with responsibility for book sales.
- Work on additional content for the YUPL website to optimize it as a hub for Yale art books and use email outreach to drive web traffic.
Additional tasks assumed
- Follow events and exhibitions in the art world considering their potential relevance to Yale art books.
- Use analytics to identify opportunities and assess performance.
- Champion the work of the art team and build the reputation of art books internally.
- Perform any other duties required by the Head of Marketing from time to time.
Person Specification – Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create effective marketing materials
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop and InDesign)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good working knowledge of WordPress or similar
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills at all levels
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to prioritize and excellent time management
What we can offer
Yale University Press London offers a generous benefits package including an accommodation deposit and travel loans, a cycle purchase scheme, a lively social scene and a generous pension scheme. Our staff also enjoy access to Bedford Square Gardens at lunchtime during the summer months.
The role will be based in our Bedford Square office in Bloomsbury WC1, with convenient access to the Northern, Elizabeth and Central lines as well as many bus routes.
Please send your CV and cover letter (including availability, notice period details and current salary) to: [email protected] making sure to include “Marketing Executive, Art Books” in the email subject line.
Closing Date July 25, 2022
Processing and saving your data – Please see YUPL’s Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.yalebooks.co.uk/page/privacy/